Friday, August 20, 2010

Pencil, Not Pancake!

Move over Greg Louganis, there's a new high diver in town! I put him to shame. Or did I shame him?

It all started on an island in the Bahamas called Long Island. My husband and I went to visit the deepest blue hole in the world and there was a cliff right above it beckoning him. Notice I said him and not me. I was scared to death of that cliff, not loving heights in any way shape or form and there was no way I was climbing up it to jump off. At least I didn't think so until those words spurted out of his mouth. Yes, he actually had the nerve to dare me. I can't not accept a dare so I managed to climb to the top and as I looked down I noticed I couldn't manage to stand up. I was nervously grabbing a twig low to the ground because my knees were shaking uncontrollably. Here's an actual picture of my husband on top off said cliff -> Photobucket

Looking down into the dark abyss I knew I only had two choices. I could either jump and risk life and limb or I could do the walk of shame and climb back down the cliff. The walk of shame is never an option for me, even if it's to my detriment. I heard Wade yell at me, "Make sure you land like a pencil." So being the ever obedient wife I am, I followed his advice and took the giant leap into the ocean while keeping my hands at my sides, trying to think pencil-like. I'm a little butt heavy so I landed more like a pancake than a pencil. I can't even imagine what I looked like but the expressions on people's faces around me painted the horrific picture for me.
If I were in a diving contest for best butt flop, I would have scored a perfect 10!


My lovely war wounds lasted a couple of weeks -> Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment